Friday 31 May 2013

{Where} do we focus?

It's Friday morning and I am actually in the office all day today for a change. It gives me time to catch up on emails, on notes that I have scrawled on notepads and pieces of paper, time to re-group and focus my thoughts.

It's been a good week with plenty of fantastic contacts gained and some clarity starting to present itself in terms of "where" we start to focus our films.

I have been wary to narrow down our research and approach to the project too early for fear that we miss something important. My approach has included book research and academic papers but it was always to first go out, meet, listen and engage with communities along the border. I have gathered all of the details from the networking that I have done so far on top of our information events in April and May, and started to sift through them. It seems that the obvious is beginning to appear.

With our film producer Michael Beattie heavily involved now, the potential films are starting to show some focus.

We're seeing South Armagh/Louth as well as South Armagh/Monaghan border as possibles, also Rosslea/Newtownbutler/Clones area, Castlederg or Clady/Urney/Castlefinn to name a few....

It is still early days though and plenty of research still to do. We don't anticipate starting to film until September but already are getting a sense of communities who seem to be keen to come forward and tell their stories and experiences.

No story is unimportant.


No comments:

Post a Comment